What Is Jesus Good For?
Fady Abdul Ahad
Getting to know the Bible is the first step to understanding it and applying it to your life. In this course, we will study the excuses people give for not reading the Bible and the real reasons why they do not study it. We will discover the many ways available for us to get to know the Bible. We will also master the art of studying the it on our own. We will learn about the five easy steps to do a through bible study which any one can do. When you finish this course you will have have more confidence to finally study, learn and apply what the Bible says.
Fady Abdul Ahad
Christian Theological and Arabic Teacher
B.A. in Theology and Philosophy, BA in Theology and Anthropology, MA in Christian Spirituality, Diploma in Media Studies.
Arabic and Levantine Linguist:
• Develop curricula to meet the needs of our students.
• Provide basic, intermediate and advanced Arabic language instruction to U.S. Government language specialists with a focus on transcription, translation, grammar, contextual analysis, listening and reading comprehension, speaking, writing, area studies and ISO-immersion.
• Incorporate Area studies into curricula as required.
• Tailor teaching strategy and methodological approach based on student learning styles to meet varying student needs.
• Develop and implements technology in the classroom to enable e-learning, to include the use of SMART Boards, productivity software, DVDs, CDs, PCs, and Satellite TV.
• Analyze training needs to determine course objectives and develops new training programs or modifies and improves existing programs.
• Provide counseling and feedback plus individualized tutoring as requested.
• Develop and administer tests to assess students’ progress
including pre/post course diagnostic assessment.
• Join instructional teams as required, working cooperatively to meet students' language enhancement goals.
Lecturer in Biblical Studies: - Taught Biblical Studies to students at St. Aphraim Theological Seminary.
- Evaluated and assisted students on their class work and assignments.
- Prepared coursework materials, objectives, homework assignments, and handouts for students.
- Prepared weekly lesson plans.
- Evaluated and graded students’ essays.
- Noa: "Amazing Tutor
Fady is very helpful and makes sure to work with my schedule. He tailored our lessons to fit my needs and has been very helpful in making sure I have what I need to succeed! I am working on learning a semesters worth of Arabic and he made sure that we could get through all the lessons and made a plan for the future."
- Carrie: "I got a new challenge today! Fady keeps the learning fun and encourages me to keep trying. I am learning a lot and gaining confidence. Fady is patient and positive. I love my lessons with him! Thank you!".
- Bethany: "Knowledgeable Tutor. Started learning immediately! And truly excited to continue this journey. Very solid game plan to begin, bravo! Looking forward to next session, feel very confident that goals will be reached."
- Jessica: "Exactly how I hoped to learn Arabic. Thrilled with my first lesson and can't wait to continue! My biggest concern was whether I would be able to learn to read and write Arabic. Fady made it feel simple and fun."
- Carrie: "I am learning so much! Fady is such a great teacher. I am learning so much. And he always answers my questions. He encourages me and gives great feedback. I am loving my lessons!".
- Rodrigo: "I just had my first lesson with Fady, and it was great. He’s very thorough in his explanations and very detailed. I also liked how interactive the experience was, because he makes you practice together with him every topic. Very good first lesson."
- Oscar: "Great lessons!
My lesson with Fady was awesome and really helpful. As a beginner learner I wasn't sure how to start learning the language but with his method and approach I can get a hold of it and learn it at a good pace;I think it is spot on for beginner learners and for any level of Arabic speakers. Since he's a native speaker I'm sure he can help anybody in any level of learning Arabic. He has a lot of information and experience to share on how to learn the language and is a good, helpful teacher."
- Johnathan: "Patient Instructor. In my 10 years of Arabic study, Fady is the most pleasant and professional Arabic professor that I've had thus far. His attention to detail and creative teaching style helped push me from my plateau into upper level comprehension. He would be an asset to students of all levels."
- Ashley: "Fantastic tutor! Explains everything in a very understandable manner and is very patient while you learn! Fady wants to see you succeed and master Arabic, while making learning fun!".
My name is Fady, a native Arabic speaker and teacher. I have been teaching Christian theology for 17 years and Arabic for 10 years. I currently teach both Modern Standard Arabic and Levantine in an institute in GA and I’d love to help you gain fluency in Arabic!
I spoke Arabic since birth and I published my Arabic poetry when I was still in my 11th grade. I love the Arabic language because of its beauty and elegance. I started teaching Arabic at the Westminster Institute and currently teaching at Academia Language School.
I believe, learning a new language should be both beneficial and fun. I truly love my students and care about their success. I believe in transformational learning that goes beyond simple knowledge acquisition and supports critical thinking in which students make meaning of their lives. My philosophy is that students learn best when what they study is meaningful to them. Don’t worry, you can start wherever you are. I’ve tailored my lessons to fit my students' needs. I’ve a wide experience teaching students with different interests. Some are college students, and others are applying for government jobs.So, you are in good hands to start reading like a native and speak like a pro!
Depending on your needs, I might recommend using a textbook as our guide or do more speaking, reading or listening. I also use quizzes and lots of exercise to keep you engaged throughout the lesson and beyond.
I love working at Gooroo because they have the student's best interest and will match them with the right teacher in terms of leaning goals and personality match.